Monday, September 3, 2012

Summer ends....

“Summer will end soon enough, and childhood as well.” ― George R.R. Martin

August was a challenging month~a silly fall left me with a slight tear to the meniscus and a tear to the MCL. Unpacking boxes and moving things became much more challenging, as did my plans for enjoying the last two weeks before returning to school. As a family we all love to hike......I did do a short one as Labor Day approached, but it wasn't easy. (I told you I would sneak in a few pics of my kiddos...and here is what we did this summer.)

The deer that were right off the deck at our cousin's cabin in the Adirondacks. Twins and mommy....dinner time!

My niece came for a visit. She is a silly girl and we had a great time at McDonald's playland, swimming, and at the Fly Creek Cider Mill. Her first night away without mommy! She did great!
A quick trip to Syracuse for a family reunion/bbq! I believe it was in the high 90's this day. The cousins (who haven't seen each other in many, many years) enjoyed a game of basketball!

Minekill....our Labor Day get away!! My son and I watching the waterfalls and chatting.
My husband and I being goofy (and bored) when the kiddos decided to take a longer stroll down the path...my knee didn't agree to any additional hiking!

No comments:

Post a Comment