Thursday, August 9, 2012

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go but rather learning to start over. Nicole Sobon quotes

August already, and the classroom is shaping up. We haven't had a minute to look at incoming student information, schedules, or to work on any planning. Between the two of us (my co-teacher and I) we are spending way too many hours a day in the classroom. It amazes me how much "stuff" we have between the two of us. Though she has most of what we need to teach Kindergarten, I don't dare to give up too much of my supply, not knowing what next year will hold. As September gets closer, my anxiety increases, but it is a real excited anxiousness. The building has been very quiet as we have been in the building and we haven't had the opportunity to meet many people. The school, because of its floor plan, appears so much larger to me than Center Street. Tomorrow, we will again begin working on the remaining boxes and organizing. I must say, however, the custodians have been a great help, willing to stop what they are doing (and they are so busy in the summer with the complete cleaning and waxing floors, and even more busy this summer with moving boxes from school to school) and they lend a hand. It has certainly made things more bearable!

No comments:

Post a Comment