Thursday, November 1, 2012

The days are busy~and the nights are shorter....

Some luck lies in not getting what you thought you wanted but getting what you have, which once you have got it you may be smart enough to see is what you would have wanted had you known. ~Garrison Keillor

October has always been my favorite month.  When I was young, it was because it was my birthday.  As I have gotten older, that certainly isn’t the reason.  The fall mornings, and the colorful days make the world seem brighter.  Perhaps, the weather isn’t the only reason.  I have typically felt like by October we are settled in and our routines are established in the classroom.  I learned this year, with all the changes, October would still leave changes happening.  These are all good changes, however.  The pieces to the puzzle are fitting together. 

This month we have had a lot of fun…we have had our first bus drill, learned about community helpers and pumpkins, and enjoyed reading and completing activities based on the story “Where the Wild Things Are.”  We also had a great time working with an LTA from my past on developing a great video based on “The Very Hungry Caterpillar” that we were excited to share at Open House, however, the weather didn’t cooperate, so it would have to wait until November.  We enjoyed a trip to the “Pick-a-Pumpkin” Pumpkin Patch (however, I didn’t enjoy crawling through the hay maze to find the kiddo that was scared.)  Miss B., our student teacher, joined us and participated in many activities with us for four weeks.  Enjoy the pictures I have added of our October events. 

 

This was our video that the kiddos worked hard on, illustrating their part to the book “The Very Hungry Caterpillar.”  They did such a great job!  Kuddos to Mrs. Forbes for all of her help too!

These are pictures from our Pick a Pumpkin trip.  We enjoyed watching them shoot an apple way into the sky, the hay maze, the animals, and getting to choose our own pumpkin and gourd to bring back to school with us.  The sun was shining, which was great, until we ate our lunch!  The bees were swarming and in my attempt to protect a kiddo from the bees, one landed on my sandwich and I decided to take a bit, therefore, being stung in the mouth!! OUCH.

Pictures from our trip to the Fire Station-We had so much fun listening to Mr. Tubia tell us all about the important things that happen here.   We got to try out holding the hose and pointing it, and trying on the fire fighters clothes.

In addition to having a great month in school, I had a little get-away to go see one of my favorite performers, Jo Dee Messina.  My husband and I had a great time, while my parents came to spend a couple of days with my teens!

And, another favorite past time is watching my daughter play soccer.  She is typically the goalie for the team, however, their first game was a scrimmage so the coach pulled her out to play mid field and she scored a goal!!  It was a pretty successful game as she kept it scoreless in the first half when she was in the goal, and then came out and scored a goal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment